Environment and Safety
We strive for the campus to be safe, secure and sustainable for all employees, students and visitors at BMC.
BMC's environmental work is based on Uppsala University's environment policy.
The environment and safety work at Uppsala University and BMC affects all employees and all students. Therefore, it is very important how you as an individual act. It is important that everyone is informed about environmental policy, evacuation plan and fire extinguishing equipment.
Goal and actionplan environment
Safety at BMC:
Fire and evacuation
Security at BMC
Lab-support (gas, alarm for freezers etc.)
Environment at BMC:
Read more about Uppsala University's general guidlines for waste and evironmental work on The Staff Portal.
Specifically for BMC, you will find information on staff portal's unit area Campus BMC.
Contacts environment and safety at BMC
|Fire protection||Daniel Skogehall / Mikael Olsson|
|Environment and waste||Mikael Olsson|
|Radiation protect||Sviatlana Yahorava|
- Call 112 to reach the ambulance, police, rescue service/fire department, poison information. Also inform the University's emergency number 018-471 25 00.
- In the event of a serious incident or need of emergency security assistance, call the Univeristy's emergency number 018-471 25 00.
- Meet rescue vehicles - show the way for rescue services and police.
- If necessary, evacuate.
- In the event of chemical spill, block the affected area/corridor/lab.
- Read more at UU pages for crisis